↓ Advertise on Defender2 ↓

Home > For Sale & Wanted > [For Sale] 2003 Defender 90 XS Station wagon Alive tuning
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 1
Print this entire topic · 
Welshsurferdude

Wales 
[For Sale] 2003 Defender 90 XS Station wagon Alive tuning
I have this lovely 2003 Epsom Green 90 TD5 County Station Wagon which is top of the range XS model so leather seats, air con, abs, traction control, heated seats and screen plus sunroof are all standard.

It is HPI clear with only 2 owners from new! Originally registered in the Thames Valley near London and has lived in that area until I purchased it 2 weeks ago.

It is a very original defender which has been used by a Land Rover enthusiast for the last 8-9 years as can be seen by the stickers on the windscreen, which are easily removed if not to your taste. It has lived in the London area all its life so the underside is very clean with only minor surface rust, I have not undersealed it as I didnt want to hide anything for the new owner and show how nice it is.

It has LED lights all round, Subtle steel rock sliders on the sills.

It has just completed a Major service and check over, I have done the engine oils and filters plus a new MAF sensor and also new rear propshaft and A frame ball joint plus new front hubs/swivels, drive flanges, plus new front brake pads etc, Spent about £900 in parts in the last week to get it up to a excellent standard. It Drives and handles extremely well and stops straight and true, it starts instantly and runs perfectly well. Extensive road test has not found any faults and the suspension is smooth and quiet.

It has been Remapped by the previous owner by Alive Tuning up to 185 horsepower so it accelerates pretty damn fast all the way up to 90mph before I backed off! It is fitted with a full width intercooler, hard pipes, silicone pipes, tweaked turbo, boost gauge and also has a custom stainless steel 3″ Exhaust.

It has had a recon gearbox last year along with a LOF HD Clutch so it shifts perfectly on the clutch.

It has boost alloys with perfect 265/75/16 BFG KO2 AT Tyres with nearly full tread. (Spare is a original factory tyre which needs replacing really)

Interior is in generally good shape with some age related marks here and there, Same for the bodywork, only a couple minor dents and marks but nothing that stands out too much. Does have some flaking on the rear tub capping and one windscreen block which can be sorted by a competent DIY'er or for not too much at a bodyshop. A rear seat is missing the leg for it to sit on the floor but I am looking for a replacement currently.

it will be sold with 3 months common sense warranty supplied by ourselves at Hutchinson 4×4, only exception will be the engine, gearbox, transfer box and drivetrain inc axles and diffs etc due to the strong remap and extras.

A good price at £16995 for all of this with the cosmetic niggles taken into account

It is located at my Home in Newport south Wales and viewings are more than welcome with Tea/biscuits and you can use my car creeper to have a good look underneath.

You can also find us (Hutchinson 4x4) on Facebook, website or Text/Whatsapp me on 07970 331716

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge
 2008 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)

2015 Discovery 4.5 Black pack Firenze red XS

2008 Corris Grey 110 XS USW (sold)

2011 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)
Post #1033845 5th May 2024 8:50am
johnlad

United Kingdom 
So excluding engine, gearbox and all drivetrain it’s pretty much no warranty!!
Post #1033877 5th May 2024 4:59pm
Welshsurferdude

Wales 
Correct
I can put it back to standard if you wish to have a warranty on the engine etc, I can’t warranty the big power ones as I’m in this to make a living to put food on the table for my family and I’m not a multi millionaire by far Laughing A

Most people will know I’m a good guy so it’s a good truck 💪🏾 I’ve prepared it as best as I can ready for its new home as the aim is not to have any warranty issues and have a quiet life!

Anyway anyone who buys a near 200BHP tuned td5 defender will know the craic and accept it for what it is without being too concerned about warranty on it. if u want warranty then I suggest you go buy a Kia Smile 2008 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)

Post #1033878 5th May 2024 5:05pm
Procta

United Kingdom 
16k for that! bloody hell that's pretty cheap! Mine was 12k with a slight remap.
as for a warranty, Its 20 years old, so i wouldn't expect one at that age, regardless of what its been done to it. As for it been wound up etc, as long as stuff as been done properly, i cannot see any trouble at all. Its one that had corners cut, Ie wound up on to the max on standard cooler etc, by some 3 party mapper will be the ones to stay clear from. Defender TD5 90 ---/--- Peugeot 306 HDI hatch back

Success is 90% Inspiration and 4 minutes Preparation # you can make it!
Post #1033912 5th May 2024 11:16pm
AMBxx

United Kingdom 2015 Defender 110 Puma 2.2 XS CSW Orkney Grey
Memory lane for me! Apart from the tune, it's very close to my original Defender 90 from 20 years ago.
Same price too! Shocked Shocked
Post #1033939 6th May 2024 11:07am
jimbo55

United Kingdom 
johnlad wrote:
So excluding engine, gearbox and all drivetrain it’s pretty much no warranty!!

When you buy a used car from a dealer, such as hutchinson 4x4, you have 6 months warranty by law under the consumer rights act so any attempt at exclusions are irrelevant anyway…

Last edited by jimbo55 on 6th May 2024 6:28pm. Edited 1 time in total
Post #1033959 6th May 2024 3:19pm
Moo

Ukraine 
https://www.theaa.com/car-buying/legal-rights Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1033961 6th May 2024 3:23pm
diesel_jim

United Kingdom 2006 Defender 110 Td5 SW Epsom Green
What a nice 90. lovely.

Shame people have to moan about what you can offer warranty wise. A spare ECU with standard map would be handy, then "sell" the tweeked on as a side sale not connected to the vehicle.
Post #1033975 6th May 2024 5:59pm
Welshsurferdude

Wales 
thanks for the support guys Smile

as for the moaners :-

im standing by the fact im not offering any warranty on the "tuned" bits and if a warranty is required like I said previously im happy to put it back to standard and offer full normal warranty on the whole shebang.

If you dont like it then you dont have to buy it, im not forcing you to buy it. Thumbs Up This defender is for a certain defender clientele who aren't too bothered about warranties. I have sold heavily tuned defenders in the past with the same rule and all are happy and still running well in come cases years later.

At least im being upfront with it and not finding out down the line. 2008 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)

Post #1034005 6th May 2024 9:44pm
Moo

Ukraine 
From an outsiders point of view and not a doom mongering naysayer, I have some questions.

1. As a trader, are you not covered by the 2015 Consumer Rights Act? I can't see anything that determines any exclusion for age etc.

2. Will any potential damage etc. have been done with a performance remap before it's sold? How does removing it reduce the risk of previous stress etc.?

3. If you have confidence in the integrity of what you're selling why not stand behind it with something meaningful to give peace of mind for the whole product?

Whilst I'm sure no-one questions or doubts your integrity, you are now trading as a car dealer and so prospective buyers can expect to have some protection.

Personally I think it's a cracking car, well priced and having a remap is not an issue for me, but excluding key elements out of any warranty protection is something I would be concerned about. It suggests you also have concerns. Removing the remap doesn't change any potential issues that this might have caused with possible increased stress or wear and tear over the time that the remap has been on, however small the perceived risk might be. Eiger Grey MY23 D250 SE with bits. Known as Noddy.
Post #1034017 6th May 2024 10:25pm
Welshsurferdude

Wales 
Appreciate your concern but its not needed, ive been doing this for 20-30 years and anyway its looking like it may well be going to a new home soon, thumbsup: buyers not even concerned in the least as I predicted it would happen. its a certain clientele that will buy a tuned td5 and understand it for what it is. Thumbs Up 2008 Santorini Black 110 XS USW (Sold)

Post #1034130 7th May 2024 9:52pm
Post Reply  Back to top
Page 1 of 1